Pretzel Rated Browse
← blakeybobs0

blakeybobs0’s reviews

12 published public reviews

WALL·E2008

10.0 🥨

omg. I can't believe I haven't seen that before. This film is funny at the start gets sad real quick and then a lot happens. It feels like this film is very relevant now with everything that I going on with climate change. Eve and Wall-E are one of the best Disney duos and I don't care what anyone says. It is just such a beautiful film with some amazing songs. The captain was actually a good character and I liked the couple side story that was happening. For a film with very minimal dialogue it does such a good job at being emotional. Fav character Wall-E 2nd Eve

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Back to the Future1985

10.0 🥨

ICONIC. I have never watched this film fully in the past so I finally watched it. It was brilliant. The story is quite interesting but good and hooks you. The songs are incredible. It is tense at the perfect times and you are on the edge of your seat wondering what the hell will happen. This film is just iconic in every way. You can quote this film so much like Great Scott. The acting is perfection and it just transports you back in time. Fav character Marty 2nd Doc

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Sinners2025

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

PEAK CINEMA. Everything about this film is perfection or near perfect. The acting is so good and never really drops that much. The cinematography looks incredible but it threw me off when it changed format but it looked incredible in the fight scene. The visual effects look stunning like when Sammie is singing in the speakeasy and it burns around him. Speaking about Sammie his vocals are insanely good but I feel bad for him because he just wanted to follow his passion. Most of the dialogue is realistic. I feel quite dumb because it took me like half the film to realize Michael B Jordan played both Smoke and Stack. The costumes look great and help at the end when it switches time. The intro gets you hooked immediately but does make is so you know Sammie survives. It is set in a closed environment so you can really see the characters chemistry. When Mary turns and it sets of people becoming infected it looks so good. The start of the film isn't super boring because stuff is actually happening whilst still introducing you to people. The only downside is I couldn't feel like I was in 1930 all the time and I don't know why. I did look up why the vampires were Irish and it is to show the complex intersections of African American and Irish histories.Smokes final scene is so sweet to watch seeing him reunite with Annie.It is so insane how it mostly takes place in one day. Fav character Sammie 2nd Smoke

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Fight Club1999

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

Holy Moly. My jaw is on the floor after watching that. I don't have any cons because this is just perfection and I get why it is so popular. I went into this knowing nothing and thinking I will either give it a 5 or 4.5 and it was just brilliant. The cast is brilliant and even though they are famous and that for other movies can take you out of the story but for this it didn't. Probably the most beautiful cinematography or tied with sinners because it is just keeps you locked in and I just loved it. This isn't a huge thing and I didn't mind it without this but I would've liked a bit more of the narrators life at the start. The ending is what absolutely made me love this movie even more because it is played out in such a way that I have it in contest with The Mist and Truman Show. The acting is beautiful and I have no notes. The intro and just the whole movie gives you wanting to know more and then it all just links up perfectly. I liked the mystery of not knowing the narrators name. Brad Pitt excels in this. The little clues at the start with Tyler flickering on screen hinting about him being basically the narrators consciousness. The fight choreographer must have been loving their job doing this. I have to say it again the whole ending sequence just gets you locked in. I don't know how to explain it but the actors looks fit the characters exactly like Helena Bonhem Carter just fits Marla and Brad Pitt fits Tyler if you get what I mean. Fav character The narrators 2nd Marla HM Bob, Tyler

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Booksmart2019

5.7 🥨

Varied. I have a decent list of pros and cons so I will just start with cons. First the plot just felt quite rocky at some points like it made sense but felt like the pace varied and it was predictable at some moments. Next the dialogue it felt quite cringe at some points but it also was quite realistic. Most obviously the 2nd hand embarrassment it just made some scenes uncomfortable and almost unwatchable. Now onto the pros. The comedy was really good and I found myself laughing at a lot of them. The character relationships and how they changed drastically throughout. The emotion in the party argument and the scenes after that because of how different they are to the rest of the movie. The plot even though it was quite rocky was interesting enough. Overall probably won't rewatch ever or for awhile and just a quite balanced movie. Fav character Amy 2nd Jared HM Molly and Gigi

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

It2017

9.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

Loser=Lover.This movie was funny and scary and it was amazing. The cast being early teens their acting was really good. Richie was the funniest character in the movie I felt I laughed at all the jokes he made. I think I shouted at the TV a lot during this because characters in horror films are so dumb. I only covered my eyes once and that was in the Georgie boat even though I knew what would happen. This film has a vibe that I like. I felt bad for every character at different points. Bill Skarsgård does an amazing job as making Pennywise feel scary in his movements. This film and the book is iconic. Fav character Richie 2nd fav Eddie HM Bill and Bev

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

It2017

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

My comfort film. When I tell people that this is my comfort film they are very confused but there is reasons. It is actually a really feel good and funny. It has some really nice themes like face your fears, being outcasted and friendship (yay friends). Pennywise is actually not in the film as much a you think he is only really in it for 8 minutes and mostly that opening scene. It does have scary moments like the opening sequence, the final battle and when Pennywise unravels out of a fridge which I find quite uncomfortable. It also has really emotional points and the main one that always gets me is the Bill and Georgie scene because he has to comes to term with his brother finally being dead and it's just really sad. I love the characters chemistry in this especially the main 4 losers. It tackles a huge topic with bullying and being outcasted with Stan for his religion,Eddie for asthma,Bill for his stutter,Richie for his glasses, Ben for his size and Mike for his skin color (probably got some wrong but it's ok) .Richie is such a good and funny character but when Eddie says Gazebos instead of Placebos is just amazing. I notice more the more times I rewatch like Pennywise appearing in a mural. This just makes me feel every emotion known to man. Richie and Eddie's mom love is so good. Fav character Richie 2nd Eddie HM Bill and Stan

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

It2017

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

I just love this movie. This will not be the longest review because I don't have a lot to say (I dont think). I have though finally gotten my family to watch this just because it is my b'day.All the acting I just find brilliant with the children and Pennywise especially in that opening scene. Also it just hooks you in straight away with the cinematography and dialogue. The cgi and sfx looks incredible and just stands out in a good way. The way the children have such a good character arcs and you see them have their low moments and good moments. The characters chemistry and how they interact and all their interactions are amazing. I don't know how to word this but just how Stephen Kings mind works just is so brilliant. Even though Richie is THE comedy character each character has their funny moments especially Eddie and Stan. That frickin scene in the sewer with Bill and Georgie just hits me like a ton of bricks every time without fail and it was the closest I have felt to crying this time. You'll float too is just super iconic like a lot of this movie. Something my mother did point out which I somehow have never noticed is that whenever Pennywise will strike there is so sort of red light source not just balloons like in Stans first encounter he has the red light through the window and Georgie has the little red light on his shorts. Their is a huge amount of pedophiles in this which I do not condone but it does push Beverly's character forward. It introduces even characters fear kinda discretely and not super duper obvious and how they all come together in the final battle. I think this is a great intro into horror. Brilliant movie all around just love love love it because it makes me feel so many emotions. I just can't express it. I have so much more to say but it would be super long. Fav character Richie 2nd Eddie HM Bill and Stan

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Maze Runner2014

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

The best film ever. Even past my death this will still be my favorite film. The intro perfection the ending perfection the plot PERFECTION. I love closed environments and this movie is why you can see how survival instincts kick in. The idea is so good the cast is brilliant to the small details like Thomas Brodie-Sangster putting a rock in his show to make sure limped like Newt in the book. Every major death is so shocking with Alby's and Gally's but Chuck was the one that really got me the first time not to crying but just he is such an amazing character. I LOVE how you learn everything as Thomas learns it so you aren't behind on info or you can't predict what will happen. The character arc and chemistry is so nice to watch. The way you learn the characters names as Alby introduces them to Thomas. Chefs Kiss. The scene of Thomas's first night in the maze is so good. Would do anything to watch this for the first time. This isn't a huge thing and this film is still the best without it but I wish we got to hear about Newt's limp because it is a decently big part of his character. There is no point were something in the plot or about a character is progressing like the Gally fight with Thomas he learns his name. Fav character Newt 2nd Chuck HM Thomas

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Maze Runner2014

10.0 🥨

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. When I watched this first scene I was in suspense the camera and music hit the spot perfectly for me. This was my first taste of dystopian in a long time. I have rewatched this already. I love how it always keeps you on your seats. The closed environment works so well for this film and all the characters stereotypes work so well with each other. This isn't a chill movie but it definitely is my comfort film. All the pieces fall into place so satisfyingly that when it all comes together you just sit there with your mouth open. The men are also SO FINE. Fav character Newt, 2nd Chuck

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Coco2017

10.0 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

So iconic. This is such a nostalgic movie to me and I just love it. This is one of Pixar's more popular movies and it makes sense. It might be their most emotional movies I have ever seen Disney do and it just hits you so much. I do have to say the animation might be my only con not that it is bad just it is the most used in Disney movies. Like it is used in my favorite Disney (Wall-E) but it just feels quite overused but it was probably hard to animate the skeletons. The main theme is such a powerful one and is quite significant now and that is acceptance in this it is with the music and family but in the real world it is with things like the lgbtqia+ community. Ernesto De La Cruz is one of the more twisted and shocking villains that has one of the more dark deaths with him being crushed by a bell which was obviously his actual fate as a human. The ending is so good and just not in a way other movies have but it just kinda sits with you and is really emotional. The plot is quite simple and complex at the same time. It is visually stunning with the dead world and when Miguel plays the guitar for the first time. When Miguel and Hector are in the cave sink hole thing and there is the flashbacks holy you can just feel the emotion and power. The music is incredible. I do wish we saw more of Miguel's life at home and just how repressed he was. Ending on a good thing it really shows Mexican culture and I am not Mexican or anything like that but it doesn't feel very stereotypical. It is good that they included dialogue in Spanish as well. Fav character Hector 2nd Miguel HM Dante

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse2018

9.3 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

One of the best animations I have seen. I only watched the first bit when it came out so I finally watched it and this is brilliant. I am just going to say my only concern and it is that some scenes I felt a bit bored and things like that. Now onto the good things. The attention to detail is just so cool because I just scrolled through videos and one of my favorites is Miles's frame rate and how it changes when he becomes more comfortable as being spider man. I always love seeing Stan Lee's cameos but this is just the best one first thing it is so special because it was his last voice acting job so they made it longer and that he isn't just in that scene because every animator wanted to animate him so he is just walking around in someplaces and on a train. Apart from the rare boring scene the plot is so good and not like many animated movies that are PG's it has a huge amount of emotional depth especially in the scene where Miles cousin dies (already forgot his name). The voice acting is quite nice buy nothing hugely special. The introduction to each character doesn't get insanely boring but quite repetitive. One of my favorite parts is the different types of spidermen/woman because there is no serious ones which obviously fit his character but the character design and chemistry is brilliant. The villan is cool but nothing super special with the spider man movies and Miles is a nice main character who has a epic character arc. Fav character Spider Noir 2nd Spider Ham HM Miles, Gwen

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.