diarra’s reviews
7 published public reviews
Industry2020
My favourite episode so far but that bitch-ass woman has to stop abusing the grads tho 😭😭😭and also Harper is the GOAT.
Requiem for a Dream2000
From my understanding of this movie, it is about drug addiction and also addiction in general because the girl is not really addicted to drugs(i think). From my point of view she was addicted to the love that the guy was giving her. The mum was addicted to the idea of losing weight then she was addicted to drugs. The other two guys were addicted: one was kind of addicted to drugs and the other one was addicted to drugs and also money, if I understood really what the film is about. So from what I understand the movie is about how being addicted to a certain thing can result, at the end, in you being in the worst position in your life. If you see every character in the movie, ends up in a really bad place. Maybe the girl did not end up in such a bad place physically but mentally I think she's done. It was a really good movie in which I was not hooked in the first hour but at the end it was really addicting and disturbing, some scenes were really disturbing. I can say it was really good to watch. Also I really like the way some scenes were filmed. The editing is really good. It's one of the best editing I've seen.
Mysterious Skin2005
I really like this movie, especially because it is "easy to watch" even though it's talking about abuse and stuff. For me it showcases how people that got abused can deal with it differently. For Ellie he seems to be very traumatised by this and then, using it, I can say, to continue his life in that cycle of abuse. Even though he's not abusing anyone he's really sexual and stuff. He really is not assuming but trying to do as if it's his choice to do so. Also he's fantasising about what happened to him when he was a child, like when he was abused by the coach and thought that the coach liked him, which is not the case obviously. For the other kid his defence mechanism is the complete opposite of Elli's. He really erased it, like his mind erased all that happened to him, maybe to protect him. Slowly it is coming back to him as glimpses of memories and he is really suffering the moment he finds out what happened to him when he was a child.
You2018
My favourite season overall. I love the character of Love even tho she is completely insane