Pretzel Rated Browse
← Ivan Montero

Ivan Montero’s reviews

92 published public reviews

Stuart Fails to Save the Universe2026

S1 5.3 🥨

Wow, I did NOT like this series. There are a few good chuckles, but overall, not a fan. I never fully drank the TBBT Kool Aid, but I did enjoy most of the original show—though, I still can’t make heads or tails why it was beloved back then and even still to this day. I don’t know, I don’t get it, but that’s okay. With that being said, this show might satisfy hardcore TBBT fans? It’ll be interesting and weird to see how much is allowed to slide just because it’s TBBT. For example, the writing is TRULY AWFUL. I’ve never heard such terrible jokes and delivery from a big studio in a LONG TIME. It got so frustratingly bad, I checked out for a few weeks to allow a binge. That brings up the question, was a binge better than a weekly watch? Absolutely, especially for a 17 min per episode on average series. However, does it mean it IS better? Absolutely not. This show reminds me of Davey and Jonesie’s Locker which had a VERY similar premise, with worse execution, but ironically insanely dedicated acting—something SFTSTU doesn’t have [the acting is some of the worst I’ve seen this year]. The one highlight was episode 9, the comic/superhero episode. I liked that one, but the rest were, well, dumb.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Will Trent2023

S4 4.9 🥨

I am DUMBFOUNDED by the IDIOTIC decisions made toward the end of this season. Will Trent, as always, is a treasure and is great to watch. However, this season feels like the writers had NO idea what to do to propel any of these characters forward. What's more, the characters that DID grow and begin to have satisfying arcs were SUDDENLY retroactively undone. By the end of the season, I was SO upset that I lost my desire to continue the show. I don't see how it can, honestly. It's beyond wild, and I do think this marks the beginning of Will Trent's TV end; Season 5 may very well be its last.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Furious2026

S1 10.0 🥨

HOLY COW, THE BEST SHOW OF 2026 (for me)!!!! THIS WAS PHENOMENAL—from start to finish, THRILL. Yeah, there's a weird "love" storyline that I feel is a tad shoehorned in towards the end, but it doesn't detract from the show whatsoever. The ending is INSANITY. Where is my season 2 announcement?! WHERE IS MY SEASON 2 ANNOUNCEMENT?!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Adults2025

S2 9.0 🥨

Season 2 did away with all the things that held it back from being great and capitalized on those criticisms for Season 2. Season 2 is some of the FUNNIEST stuff I've seen on TV in a HELLA LONG time! This is THE modern-day FRIENDS, whether you want to admit it or not. It's, in fact, better than FRIENDS—I'd wager. My only gripe is that this show is only 8 episodes per season. I do hope the episode count increases for future seasons as I don't see this powerhouse of a sitcom slowing down ANY TIME SOON!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

My Adventures with Superman2023

S3 7.2 🥨

I am not sure what is going on with Superhero animated shows this year, but between this and X-Men 97, my heart hurts. I LOVED Seasons 1 and 2, especially Season 2 because of Braniac and Supergirl. What they do to my girl Supergirl throughout the season should be illegal. I don't like it. I don't like Jimmy Olsen anymore. I DO NOT like rushing the MANY Supermen, a faux Super Family, and THE MULTIVERSE AT A TIME WHERE WE'RE ALL TIRED OF THE MULTIVERSE. Most of the episodes are filler, as well, which ends up making me feel more annoyed than happy like I used to be watching this show. Yes, there are standout episodes that were PRETTY FRICKIN' COOL, but a few amongst many that were just mid. I hope this is just a speed bump and we're back on track in Season 4.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

X-Men '972024

S2 7.4 🥨

This season was ultimately a disappointing one ONLY in comparison to the masterpiece that was Season 1. Honestly, this season feels equivalent to The Last Jedi (OOF)—both are visually impressive, both have stand-out moments, but both don't contribute anything at all to the main story being told, thus, being a slight waste of storytelling time. The episodes aren't necessarily rushed as they are overstuffed. There's no room to properly tell these stories. It's sad, and a shame, because you can SO OBVIOUSLY TELL where DeMayo's work stopped being DeMayo's work and started being mandated rewrites. It makes you worry for Season 3 and 4, honestly. Still, I'm excited, but now I'm SUPREMELY cautious.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Wizards Beyond Waverly Place2024

S3 6.7 🥨

Even though the finale had its moments, I have to face the music: this show was bastardized by ambition and pride before it was allowed to be the sequel it deserved to be. Yes, there are happy Russo moments, but it lacked characters, heart, and proper storytelling for it to be a great sequel. That first season had SO much potential, but, again, personal pride got in the way of producing a fitting sequel, and we were left with this mid follow-up. That's it, though. The story is done, and we can simply rewatch the original (which also isn't perfect, but it is regardless) without having to speak about this again.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Batman: Caped Crusader2024

S2 5.4 🥨

Season 2 lost the plot entirely. Characters are gross imitations of themselves, so much so that it's widely offensive—and I am not THAT hard of a Batman fan. I'm a casual Bat-Guy, but dude, WHAT WAS THIS?! Season 1, I thought, was interesting and pretty fun, except for the Harley episode. At least, Season 1 was watchable! This Season 2 crap? It borders unfinishable and is in absolute forgettable territory.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Lucky2026

S1 6.3 🥨

This was one of the dumbest shows I've seen produced in modern times, but I somehow couldn't stop watching. At least until episodes 5, 6, and 7—It was a chore to finish. What's more is that you can't even watch this for the acting, because NOBODY is acting [well]. Everyone is AWFUL—could be the directing, could be the writing, could be the actors, themselves. I, honestly, cannot tell what it is, but things did NOT connect in this show whatsoever, especially with a frustrating and messy script like this one.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Rooster2026

S1 9.2 🥨

This didn't catch my attention until it was a binge-watch. Mainly because the first episode didn't stand out to me, so I waited. I think that was the best choice, because I am not sure if I'd be able to wait weekly to watch this show. It's THAT good! WHAT A TREAT!!! Steve Carell once again proves why he should be considered an A-List actor. He's got the perfect balance between cynical humor, charming dad-ness, and emotional depth. Holy cow, WATCH IT NOW!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.