Jake Shear’s reviews
136 published public reviews
The Drama2026
Fascinating film. Asks some interesting questions. Some great directorial choices as well.
Spider-Man: Brand New Day2026
Fuckin phenomenal. Everything I ever wanted in a Spider-Man movie. Grounded. Dark. Visually stunning. Incredibly well-paced. I loved every second of it.
The Dink2026
I love Jake Johnson. It’s a solid film but I think it would have been better as a miniseries, benefitting from a little slower burn.
Masters of the Universe2026
The movie does a great job of blending tones and not taking itself too seriously. I do wish they spent a little more time on character development rather than simply pushing the narrative.
Obsession2026
Inde Navarette is fucking fantastic. I wasn’t really seeing the hype in the first half but it earns its reputation in the second half of the film.
House of the Dragon2022
A lot of build up in this episode but I love what it’s building towards.
The Hawk2026
I enjoyed it. It’s not prime Will Ferrell by any means but it’s entertaining and sometimes that’s all I need. I wasn’t expecting the world.
The Thursday Murder Club2025
A pleasant surprise. A decent story that is really propped up by an amazing cast. Helen Mirren is the goat.
Friendship2025
Not through a lack of effort but I think the magic of Tim Robinson is lost on me…