Pretzel Rated Browse
← michael.trevorshow

michael.trevorshow’s reviews

30 published public reviews

Primetime2026

8.0 🥨

This might have been my favorite role of Pattinson so far and boy what a fricken year he is having! I was expecting this movie to be completely different but it truly ends up being an artistic retro-modern take on a Dracula story. It sounds crazy, just trust me on this. Pattinson melts into the role of Chris Hanson and becomes unrecognizable. The supporting cast truly was impressive and some big names to be in here for 3-6 minutes! What a grand slam from **A24**

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Apollo 182011

5.7 🥨

Super nostalgic for me as this was one of the first PG- 13 movies I snuck into underage! This movie really shines with making it feel like a found footage film from the 70s. It is a pretty interesting premise that just never seems to fully get into second gear. The costumes, the set and even the effects look pretty good, but no acting really stands out in this. I wish it was a little scarier, and the jump scares really didn’t do much for me. This is a perfect film for somebody’s first “horror film” as it builds a lot of suspense and could frighten some people. It does a pretty good job using real world examples, and pushing the based on a true story type of film. Overall, I’m glad I rewatch it and it was a pretty fun flick!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Coyote vs. Acme2026

8.0 🥨

I have to say, I am not sure why WB was going to delete this film forever. I understand that it cost $70 million to make, but I still think they undervalue the Looney Tunes as a big IP. This movie brings so much heart and even more laughs! This is a pretty basic story, but it is told so well and truly a film the whole family can enjoy. The 2-D characters blended in perfectly with the “real life” environment and actors, and it was animated so well. If this was released from WB, I think this would have done extremely well in a 3-D format. This feels like such a classic film that we could have seen 20 years ago but still feels modern at the same time. Will Forte carries this film with heart and charisma while John Cena plays a great antagonist in one of my favorite roles from him. Funny enough, I’m hoping this goes to HBO Max, where it can be the ultimate family movie if marketed well on the platform! Please see this in theaters to show WB that we need more of this.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Lanterns2026

S1 · E1 8.9 🥨

Whoa DC is cookin with this first episode! To be fair, I do love DC but this really is a GREAT first episode. This is not just a great superhero show but a great detective show that leaves with a cliffhanger. Here’s to more Lanters, I’m ready for it!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Don't Say Good Luck2026

7.0 🥨

I went into this not knowing much about the story and actually was thinking this would be more of your typical brainless high school comedy movie since Adam Sandler was producing this with his daughter in the lead role. I was happily surprised that this movie is full of heart, sadness and tackled a lot of emotions in a pretty great way that could have easily been shown cheaply. I should say happily is used lightly as without spoilers, I did get emotional at the end which usually does not happen for me. What’s making this not a 8/10+ is some scenes seemed either unneeded or over stayed. The script wasn’t perfect and it did seem generic at times. Also, I really couldn’t feel the romantic chemistry between the Sandlers on screen parents. All in all this is a well made streaming movie that is worth watching and be careful, you might need some tissues!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The End of Oak Street2026

8.4 🥨

This will go down as the most underrated movie of 2026! The End of Oak Street is a nostalgic Spielbergian flick that seems perfect for the end of summer. Anytime I see a dinosaur movie is being released it always gets me excited, throw in 2 huge actors and J.J. Abrams producing and this sounded like a lock for me. My only issue was that WB barely promoted this, which made me a little worried. I am happy to say, there’s nothing to be worried about for me! I would have loved to spend more time on Oak Street, or prehistoric times, with their family. This is one of the best dinosaur movies since the original Jurassic Park and honestly what I was hoping Jurassic World would have been like.  Where this movie drops a little is that it takes a little bit of time getting into the action. I didn’t mind it, but since it’s a short movie, it takes time getting into 2nd gear. Besides that, one subplot is a little unneeded but one could say it builds out the backstory.  Overall The End of Oak Street is horrifyingly fun, wonderfully acted, and a well made nostalgic movie! I can’t wait to own this on 4k!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Nirvanna the Band the Show the Movie2026

8.0 🥨

For starters, I’ve never seen a single NTBTS episode but after watching this, I need to watch it. The only thing I knew going into this was that people were praising this movie and it did NOT disappoint. I love the mockumentary/rogue style of filmmaking and would love a whole movie on how they filmed this. I am in shock of how they got away with so much and how IT LOOKED LIKE 2008! This is such a crazy script paying homage to so many films from The Butterfly Effect to Back to the Future. This movie takes some pretty big swings in the script and they hit homers with just about all of them. It does get a little convoluted in some parts (I bet they did that on purpose) but it did slightly confuse me and had a few minor pacing issues because of that. This is overall an impressive movie that needs to be seen, even if they haven’t seen the show, it’s very standalone!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Jersey Boys2014

9.5 🥨

I didn’t expect to love this as much as I did. Clint Eastwood does a great job crafting a musical that actually has a great story and kept me engaged the whole time. All 4 main actors were cast perfectly, lucky enough 3/4 of them stared on either broadway or off-broadway versions of the show. For me, this is up there with The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music as best musicals on film. Just a few minor nitpicks like a few pacing issues and some characters really looking like they don’t know how the play their instruments but other then that, this was a blast. I can’t wait to rewatch this and hopefully see the show in person one day. This is a musical for the boys!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Man: Brand New Day2026

8.2 🥨

Saw this movie both in standard format and 3-D, and boy did 3-D look amazing! This movie really shines in the first 2/3 of the film for me. Great character choices having Hulk and Punisher in this on top of new additional characters that I hope we will get to see throughout the Spider-Man franchise. This movie truly looked beautiful and felt completely different with the Marvel universe, which is a breath of fresh air. John Bernthal truly steals the show throughout the movie and did a great job playing both comic relief and teammate.  What’s holding this movie back from being amazing was definitely the final act. I know there are so many unanswered questions that we have in the film that would’ve taken too long to explain which would have added additional runtime to the movie so I am OK learning more about what Peter‘s been doing in the next movie if we ever do get anything explained. The ending reminds me of the ending of The Thunderbolts which was very message heavy in an action packed film. That kind of threw me off a little bit and made the movie feel like it fizzled out instead of ending with a bang. While the final fight was pretty good, I felt like it could have been a lot larger in scale. This movie had a villain problem for sure and Peter never felt like he was going up against much. There were a handful of pacing issues throughout the film, which didn’t really bother me, but I would’ve loved to see this movie crescendo a little bit more at the end.  Overall, this is a really good movie and it is bringing people back to the theaters, which is something we will never get upset about! Cannot wait to see what Spidey is up to next!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Suicide Squad2016

7.1 🥨

Surprisingly a fun movie. First off, I understand the issues with this movie but really is a great movie just to put on and turn your brain off. Great needle drops, action and seeing actors like Will Smith and Viola Davis in a “comic book movie” is just entertaining. It’s not worth the hate it gets!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.