Crimewave1985
It’s got some Raimi and Coen charms but too many rough elements to bring it above a slog.
6 published public reviews
It’s got some Raimi and Coen charms but too many rough elements to bring it above a slog.
Some of the best battle scenes ever. Gnarly air, sea, and hand-to-hand combat. I still wish I cared a little more about some of these characters and that some of them were ‘funny.’ I miss the zingers of Tyrion, Varys, and Tormund.
Like a lot of David Lynch’s films, it’s incredibly off-putting and strange. That’s a feature not a bug. Nicolas Cage is at home here, it’s a shame he didn’t work with Lynch again,
Some parts feel clunky, some parts feel dated, but if you’re a Spielberg (or alien) true believer, there’s a great time to be had. And Emily Blunt is a treasure, as always.
Action stunts that stand out in the MCU and some fun comedy elements. Plotting and main hero development feel thin. There’s enough here to get you excited for what comes next with the character.
The best sci-fi, horror, and action all rolled into one and covered in rust.