Pretzel Rated Browse
← carridereactions

carridereactions’s reviews

35 published public reviews

Supergirl2026

7.6 🥨

Supergirl has its good and its bad but ultimately lands the plane as another solid - but not game changing - installment into the DCU. While it delivers a fully flushed out character with Kara (portrayed amazingly by Milly Alcock) it lacks a bit in spectacle and has a very bland villian compared to most other super hero films. Despite its obvious flaws I found super girl to be fun and look forward to seeing more of her character going forward - just not neccesarily in a sequel film - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} 7.9/10 About what I expected here. Entertaining for the most part, though there were some parts I would zone out as it was slow in some phases. Milly Alcock did a fantastic job as Kara and Jason Momoa does a decent job with Lobo. I just had no interest in Ruthie or the terrible villain they used, which hurts the movie. I dont need another movie of her own, but would like to see Kara in future DC team-ups. - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} 7.3/10

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Toy Story 52026

8.7 🥨

Enjoyed this one far more than I thought I would. I thought it was funnier than most kids movies and truly thought the integration of tablets and technology was a perfect idea, executed perfectly. Tons of social commentary in it for kids and parents as toys are essentially a thing of the past. Did not expect for this one to be as good as it was. That said, 1 rank the Toy Story movies 3, 1, 5, 2, 4. - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} 9/10 Pixar and Toy Story are back with another banger addition to one of their most beloved IPs. While it may not be the best Toy Story movie of the 5, it’s certainly upper tier and feels like the most socially aware installment in the series. Sharing both the pros and cons of how technology is affecting modern childhood - this film felt like maybe the most relevant and necessary sequel Toy Story has ever given us - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} 8.3/10

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Disclosure Day2026

7.5 🥨

This movie was solid but I’d be lying if I said I thought it follows through on the hype it was getting. Emily Blunt delivers her best acting performance to date and the effects and film work were top tier - but a good majority of this movie you have no idea what’s going on and when it all finally comes together I’m not sure the pay off is quite worth the ride… But depending on what your expectations and sci-fi preferences are - your thoughts may vary - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} 7.2/10 Honestly the acting from Emily Blunt completely carries this one. I was a bit worried when they revealed the alien in the trailer leading up to the movie, and in my opinion it had a negative effect on the reveal. Also, we spent 15 mins on the sctual Disclosure Day which was the best part of the film. I wish we got that in the front end and moved on to the effects on society afterwards. - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} 7.7/10

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Noir2026

S1 8.3 🥨

Now this is what we've been wanting from Sony Marvel projects! A grounded, yet very quality adaptation of Spider Noir and Nicholas Cage absolutely nails the role (which is rare for me personally to say). I highly recommend watching in Black & White for a true "noir" feel - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} 8/10 Wow this was one of the most unique super hero seasons I’ve ever watched! The noir style filmography was recreated perfectly in the black and white version of the episodes and Nick Cage delivers one of my favorite performances I’ve ever seen from him. Sony messed around and finally delivered a Spiderman property hit (besides the spider-verse movies of course) that I’d genuinely love to see more of. I even plan to rewatch the show again in color just to get both experiences. - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} 8.5/10

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Masters of the Universe2026

6.7 🥨

This was a little disappointing in my book. Rare film that I didn't enjoy an Idris Elba role. That aside, Skeletor and He-Man fight scenes were the best parts of this movie. Otherwise the comedy and most other aspects were underwhelming. - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} 6.5/10 One of the harder movies for me to rate this year. On the one hand - the last 40 minutes and the fight scenes throughout were all a lot of fun and some of the best I’ve seen recently. But on the other hand - the entire earth subplot, a good number of the supporting cast, and the humor in general a left much to be desired. Despite all its bad, the good in it makes it a decent live action adaptation of the original Masters of the Universe cartoon but far from a game changer - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} 6.9/10

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Scary Movie2026

6.0 🥨

As much as I wanted the return to the franchise to be quality, it just missed the mark for me personally. The cameos were good for the most part, and I at least saw most of the movies they parodied. That said, there were just multiple stretches where the movie dragged and I wasn't laughing. Wait till it hits streaming - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} As someone who loves the Scary Movie franchise and someone who has seen the majority of movies parodied in SM6 - I am in many ways the target demographic of this film. That being said - it wasn’t quite the return I hoped it would be. If you chose to review it more like an episode of SNL rather than a continuous story - I’d say they land about 60% of the jokes/sketches and the original cast might even have hit at a higher clip. While I do believe the franchise is back in the right hands with the Wayans Bros - the 6th installment doesn’t quite capture the magic of the first 3 films but is good for some laughs here and there - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8}

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Euphoria2019

8.4 🥨

The first two seasons of Euphoria are ELITE television. Following a nuanced protagonist in a teenage drug addict named Rue - the show finds a way to stand out and go above and beyond other High School Drama shows. Zendaya absolutely CRUSHES every second of screen time she gets on the show and proved she was a real star from the jump. While the last season is met with mixed reviews and greatly suffers from production delays, the writers strike, etc - the show still proved to have cultural impact, became appointment television, and undoubtedly helped influence the next generation of Hollywood Stars

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Backrooms2026

8.5 🥨

What’s your favorite flavor of horror film? Suspense? Jump-scares? Unsettling imagery ? The Backrooms covers it all in a film that has moments of genuine terror while delivering some of the best world building we’ve seen in recent memory - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8} Well that was absolutely terrifying and unsettling from start to finish. I mean quite literally the first 10 mins of the movie is a terrible situation to find yourself in. That said, I couldn't have been more impressed with a film from a 20 year old director, Kane Parsons. The world he created is absolutely astonishing and expansive to say the least. I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie and in some ways, want more. Definitely go watch this in theaters! - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59}

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Nemesis2026

S1 7.3 🥨

Just good enough to keep you interested. I do like some of the actors alot that are in this new crime drama from the creators of Power. Though corny and a little predictable at times, Stiles and Coltrane’s rivalry did enough in the first season to get me to keep watching to see who ultimately will win. Overall, worth checking out the show if you need a crime drama itch scratched - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59}

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Mandalorian and Grogu2026

5.6 🥨

This was a sad attempt at re-capturing the Star Wars fan base. I was worried this movie would cause fans to feel like the franchise has no direction - it does exactly that, in my opinion. A 2 hour and 12 min film that accomplishes nothing other than telling a side quest story. I had no interest in Rada Hutt. I had no interest in the twin hut story. I had no interest in pretty much anything the entire movie considering I checked my phone for the time about 10-12 times throughout. This was a failure by the Star Wars franchise and speaks to a deeper issue they’re having - @{user:8FC6C06C-3C2A-4D74-8226-FF0B9C3F1F59} This Star Wars project was a bummer for me because I actually really enjoy the Mandolorian character and his dynamic with Grogu but this movie felt unnecessary and in my opinion added nothing to the characters stories or arch's that the show hasn't already. Star Wars has some things they need to - @{user:7A9E03D4-76C6-4E4B-BE2A-B0C9C45378C8}

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Boys2019

8.3 🥨

In a time where Super Hero IPs have gotten oversaturated - The Boys flips the genre on its head by turning the “Heros” into the shows true villians. The series also provides commentary on big business, politics, and society as a whole that make it feel relevant despite being in a fictional world. While The Boys does take a dip in quality during its last couple seasons, in its entirety it’s one of the best and more unique Super Hero shows we’ve ever gotten.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Obsession2026

8.5 🥨

A unique film that exceeded my expectations and continues the horror genres recent successful movie run. While the story line may be predictable from the trailer - the extremes it takes that storyline to and the ride will have you on edge, disturbed, and even occasionally make you laugh. Shout out the directors and lead actors for delivering excellent performances across the board

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.