Pretzel Rated Browse
← Frank Castle

Frank Castle’s reviews

91 published public reviews

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Odyssey2026

8.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 70: okay saw a lot of mixed opinions on it and I can say that they are justified  opinions. As someone who read the book, this movie is  NOT accurate to the books mostly and seems like Nolan didn't fully read the book and just sorta wanted to make a Greek movie. I will say that the cinematography and score are absolutely beautiful and the landscape of the movie is gorgeous and it was shot very well. Some of the dialogue of this movie isn't written very well and dosent really fit. The cast however is a big star studded cast that got lots of controversies and hype and some of it is justified. Matt Damon aka Linus Caldwell plays Odysseus of Ithaca and when I first saw this casting Matt Damon was not who I wanted playing Odysseus but after seeing it , I see the vision and he did great and he is definitely gonna get an Oscar nomination for this. Anne Hathaway as queen Penelope was great and she gave a amazing performance too and she will definitely get an Oscar nomination as well. Now tom holland as Telemachus was the one casting I absolutely hated and after seeing it he wasn't that bad as Telemachus but it wasn't the part for him and this isn't his best role, he didn't really bring the youth and shyness that Telemachus has and he just dosent look the part,younger holland maybe but now. Robert Pattinson as Antinous was absolutely perfect casting and he killed and stole the screen for every scene he was in and I hope he gets nominated for this.  Elliot pages casting also got a lot of backlash and honestly I don't get why, they were barley in the film and had a small but important role and they did well in the scene just their look didn't fit unfortunately. Zendeya as Athena also was controversial and honestly she was also barley in the film and was fine in her moments , she just wasn't the Athena people wanted and it makes sense. John leguzimos as Eumaeus was good but he is heavy prosthetic and make up and so it's hard to see past that but he plays good even  though Eumaeus isn't a huge role in the book but for some reason is big here. Jon Bernthal as menaleus was great, he stole the scene and was fantastic. Lupita Nyong'o was another controversial casting as Helen of Troy but again she is barley in the film and is fine as Helen. The supporting cast of Odysseus's men is really good and they should of got more screen time. Charlize Theron was good as calypso , and Samantha  Morton made a great Circe as well. I did enjoy Himesh Patel as Eurylochus and he should be in more things. In this movie they did not miss with the gore and violence and I found myself to get disturbed and unsettled during the Cyclopes and pig scene which was nice. The puppeteer during the Cyclopes scene is really cool but the scene itself is not accurate and is missing keep moments. The pig scene was very wonky but done well and made me disturbed enough. They also somehow missed the huge moment of Penelope's final test to Odysseus which is crazy. The violent scenes were honestly Great and actually were accurate to the book especially during the final battle of Odysseus verses the suitors. It dose absolutely run way  to long though but this movie will win its awards and will be nominated for a lot. Overall not a bad movie but it is not accurate so it's gonna be a hit or  miss with fans . Matt Damon and Jon Bernthal were the best part of the film. THE MUSICAL ADAPTATION OF THE ODYSSEY IS A BETTER AND MORE ACCURATE ADAPTATION THEN THIS. Go watch that for a more accurate version. Take notes Nolan. I am def disappointed by Nolan here especially for my second Nolan movie.!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

World War Z2013

7.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 69: took me a while to finish this one because it was kinda boring . The beginning is super slow and it's not as action packed as I would of thought it to be so it didn't really peak my interest . Brad Pitt is great in this film and so is the other cast members and the zombies looked cool and actually creepy. I did like Peter capaldi and Ruth Neggas small roles as they are really good actors and deserve to be in more. I did really however enjoy the ending of this film and how it was shown and shot. It leaves you wondering and questioning things and it leaves you with a sorta wow factor . This isn't a bad movie but it isn't a great one either , it's a good zombie flick though just wasn't for me fully but I did enjoy it, it worked well as a background film movie. Overall I don't know if I'd watch again but it was fun.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Fight Club1999

10.0 🥨

"You met me at a very strange time in my life"   "Who do you think I am"  "Are you sure this isn't a test" "No this is not a test"  "Your Mr Durden"  "Because we're the same person"  "We work jobs we hate to buy things we don't need, to impress people we don't like" This movie has taught me a lot . It hits just as hard as the first time. I'm gonna become Tyler Durden , he's taught me about life.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Ocean's Eleven2001

9.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch for the first time this year movie 68; watched this at random and found it to be really great. The cast is huge and has a lot of big names it and their chemistry is great. Brad Pitt is in his Tyler Durden era during this and he steals the movie. This was my first George Clooney film and I found it to be great. Matt Damon was very fun in this too and Don Cheadle as well minus his accent which was bad but makes the movie funner. Overall the plot for this is pretty straight forward and logistical but works and the heist scenes is pulled off pretty amazingly . Julia Robert's is good for the time she's in as well. This movie is definitely what inspired the now you see me trilogy and as a huge fan of those movies I found these just like it and just as good. Overall I would watch again and the ending scene with the music just is a absolute cinema masterpiece. The cinematography was good too. I do recomend for fans of now you see me or bank robbery movies and I will be watching the rest now. Go watch! Ps they are all a found family why we split em up

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Shrek2001

5.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 67: all I have to say is I was forced to watch this. It's shrek theirs nothing else to say. I don't get the hype . Ts is not peak

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles1990

6.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 66: don't have much to say other then it's a cheesy 90s movie and it wasn't really for me. I did like this version of Casey jones though and I honestly can't believe they allowed the way that shredder died in a kids movie. Definitely watch if you like 90s or ninja turtles movies. I wouldn't rewatch this though .

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Ted2012

8.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 65: didn't know what I was expecting but this was on my watch list, very funny and mark walhberg is great in this and so is Seth McFarland, Mila kunis and Joel mchale kills it. I will say the way of Ted and how he came to life and stuff is stupid but works .a very fun movie and I very much want a Ted now.Go watch!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Moana2026

7.0 🥨

Rating every movie I watch this year for the first time movie 64: THIS MOVIE DOSE NOT DESEVE THE HATE IT GETS. I saw this movie as a spur of the moment type thing and just went and I came out pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed this movie. It didn't really break from the original and didn't change much which is great. The singing in this is wonderful and sounds just as good as the original soundtrack, they all have beautiful voices. Catherine Laga'aia IS MOANA. She sounds just like original Moana and singing so beautifully, I hope she gets a role singing again as I'd love to hear her voice again. Catherine really embodies Moana and is so very good and she really did well for debut film. Now the main problem is the rock . Dwayne is good but his appearance kills some of the movie. His wig is very noticeable and they definitely tried to keep it on and he's just too old and dosent match the character but he dose good for the most part and didn't really ruin the film. I found him singing your welcome a very enjoyable experience as their were little girls singing and dancing and it just made me smile. The cgi is very heavy in this film and dose take away but it is very good. I find that I enjoyed the first half of this film more then the second half  but this movie made me a smile a lot and it's probably the first movie I've generally smiled in , in a long time. In my opinion if definitely is the second best live action Disney remake . My favorite part was Jemaine Clement . He reprised his role as tamatoa the crab and shiny is one of my fav songs and I found my self very much enjoying that scene despite the lyric changes so thank you. I also felt very nostolgic watching this as I saw the first Moana movie in theaters and now have seen the live action 10 years later. This also has made me wanna watch Moana 2 finally. Overall definitely dosent deserve the hate and they should give Catherine more roles. Go watch.'

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Noir2026

S1 · E1 7.0 🥨

Idk this is a very slow start. The musical number was great and she is absolutely gorgeous but other then that idk if I can take Nicholas cage as spider noir seriously. I'll still give it a chance though ig

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.