Pretzel Rated Browse
← alex .

alex .’s reviews

38 published public reviews

House of the Dragon2022

S3 · E5 8.3 🥨

This episode feels a bit like a filler but filled with well-written and performed dialogue. Will be interesting to continue to see the arcs of Ormund and his young nephew, and continue to see Aegon and Aemond in their respective situations. But I think no arc will be better than Daemon dealing with the troubles and woes that have fallen beneath him and his city watch. fuck ormond

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Invite2026

8.4 🥨

I came into The Invite with zero expectations or knowledge of the plot and I think that’s the best way to go into this movie lol. The humor I think will be 50/50 for some but it really worked for me, specifically Seth Rogan’s characters reactions to certain lines. The sound design for this movie or the score was done so so well, in terms of timing and adding to dramatic or goofy effect to the scene, it was such a standout part of the film that it wouldn’t be the same without the sound work. Really worth a weekend or date night watch!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Odyssey2026

9.6 🥨

insane film. cinema is absolutely back. I strongly considered this to be a 9.9 or 10/10 but there were a few moments that I thought were slowing the pace and making me think “how much longer do we have?”, but the film did an immaculate job bringing me completely back in. The cast, visuals, cinematography, sound design, just everything about this was amazing.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

House of the Dragon2022

S3 · E2 9.6 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

bring the damn USURPER to her AT ONCE. Insane episode, from start to finish. Her “what have you done… Jace.” Immediately made me tear up. The immediate attempt to not accept his death. … To Alicent seeing her fathers head.. 😭

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Supergirl2026

5.9 🥨

I really wanted to love this movie, but I came out of the theater thinking it was fine.. it was still fun but it was just fine. I think there could’ve been a stronger emotional pull or appeal especially with Krypto but it just didn’t hit the way I was anticipating. One of my favorite characters though reminded me so much of the Babu Friks lol. I know Kara is different than Clark in terms of her personality and thoughts about her powers, but this is why I kinda wanted her to be a bit more unhinged with her powers especially when fully powered by a yellow sun. I think the action scenes we got were good, but they could’ve been taken up a notch if anything. The companion character was alright I guess, but there truly was nothing special about her story, arc, or performance in my view.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

House of the Dragon2022

S3 · E1 9.4 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

The one true queen is back. This episode had its foot on the gas from the very beginning… half the time I’m trying to remember the political landscape and the other half I’m just enjoying pure chaos and action. How is the queen going to be confined to her quarters by her own kingsguard? LMAO. Also fucking sheepstealer was wildin the whole ep. I did not anticipate this happening to Jace in ep 1.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Toy Story 52026

7.8 🥨

“Now this is flying.. in style!” This was a great Toy Story. I’m pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the new characters, the retro tech toys, Lilypad, Jimmy Dean and Blaze! The jokes in the first half of the movie were good, but the second half really turned it up a notch. That’s unfortunately how I felt about the movie overall as well, the second half is miles ahead in quality compared to the first. The Buzz army storyline felt like it was dragging a bit, but it had a decent payout… but debatable if it was worth the dragged out arc. Overall though, it hits all the of the right emotional beats and really speaks to how difficult it can be to connect in a world full of access. (side note: I don’t think they’ll ever be able to top the emotional punch of the ending of 3.)

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Furious2026

5.7 🥨

I hope somebody gets all these references, but this movie was like a mix of the k-drama bloodhounds, the video games Sifu and Sleeping Dogs, and any movie with Jet Li specifically putting belt to ass. Everybody in this movie had hands, even the wife journalist, which was dope to see lol. But the longer this movie went, the more I wanted it to end unfortunately.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Noir2026

S1 · E2 7.2 🥨

note to self - I would also be easily bribed with a sandwich 🥲 also it’s fun to hear cage’s version of spiderman one-liners. so far this seems to be a “building” episode, which is fine, but nothing too interesting so far. I feel like it’s going to be a pattern of slow build up each episode for the first 30 minutes to get a quick 5 minute “spider-man” sequence.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Noir2026

S1 · E1 8.0 🥨

watched ep 1 in black and white. honestly, I forgot I was watching a spiderman show for maybe the majority of this episode until I’d hear specific names or see powers being used but that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Janet was a standout, I can tell she’s going to be a great side character for this show! the ending montage of how the rest of this season is going to go has sold me on finishing the season. (coming from somebody who didn’t watch any trailers)

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Disclosure Day2026

4.9 🥨

The biggest highlights were Emily Blunt and Wyatt Russel. The other two main characters Jane and Kellner, I felt like had very little on-screen chemistry and their line delivery sounded off or forced to me. Honestly, almost the entire cast came across as this way with their line reading. Emily Blunt makes this movie a “watch” but truly, this comes across as a straight to streaming, Netflix, put this movie on during Thanksgiving or Christmas with the family kind of film. Also for some reason, I don’t know why I feel this way, but this movie reminds me of movies like Home Alone? Lol, maybe the score? This felt like a modern 90’s film? But main standout is probably the ending and certain emotional standout moments from Emily Blunt.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.