Pretzel Rated Browse
← alex .

alex .’s reviews

37 published public reviews

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Tony2026

8.8 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

I will admit, I anticipated more cooking or at least something similar to S1 of The Bear but I think I was pleasantly surprised at the plot. It was a fun, chaotic and energetic ride to see Anthony’s life as a youth as he begun his kitchen career. I’d fully recommend this movie for anybody interested in his life or who loves to cook.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The End of Oak Street2026

5.8 🥨

This movie feels like it was written, produced, directed and shot in the 80s. I feel like I understand what this film was trying to do , with being somewhat of an “homage” to this decade and to be fair I think it did it well, but it ultimately was not for me. I think it has more replay value than others I’ve rated near this but ultimately it’s not something I could see myself revisiting. All that said but Anne Hathaway was great in this film! It was no surprise to see that she was the main heart and soul of this movie. But my rating just has so much to do with the plot like certain moments they use for pushing the plot forward. The kids in this movie were at times unbearable to watch, especially the son. There were too many “come on…” moments for me so that also brought my score down but it was still a fun time lol. There were some pretty funny audience reactions in my theater. I’d still recommend!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Better Late Than Single2025

S2 9.2 🥨

this dating show was such a breathe of fresh air compared to western shows like Love Island, the premise of joining “eternal” singles aka folks who have never been in a relationship before and having them do various “makeovers” before coming together is such a fresh take on taking and comes across very relatable and authentic.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Spider-Man: Brand New Day2026

9.5 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

SPOILERS This movie absolutely does not disappoint. Every character is done justice. We got savage hulk, Jean fucking grey, frank castle, Ned and MJ. The savage hulk scene is what we’ve all been missing and wanting for Hulk. Frank castles chemistry with Spiderman is something that can’t be replicated. There are way too many notable scenes in this movie, when Jean is pretending to be MJ and pretending to remember Peter.. absolutely fucking diabolical and had me in tears, seeing MJ draw Peter without the Mask while hanging out with Ned (even though his mask was on..) had me in tears x2, seeing Jean closer to an omega lvl threat!! Not exactly there but significantly stronger than the first half! And of course the final scene of Ned completing the handshake seemingly by muscle memory but then essentially “remembering” Peter… lord have mercy what an emotional gut punch. I’ll also say that Ned fully remembering Peter off of feelings and memory is actually stronger than MJ remembering him because Ned and Peter were best friends were significantly longer than MJ and Peter were a couple or maybe I have a preference to the bromance but regardless, Destin Daniel Cretton did his thing with this film.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender2026

7.5 🥨
Contains spoilers · Show review

To start, I did not watch the leak and shoutout to anybody else who didn’t either, so this was my first watch. I’m still upset I didn’t get to experience this in theaters because ATLA is such a strong part of my childhood.. I even vividly remember being a kid, preparing to watch the premiere in my moms room. But for this movie, it was a fun time and a fun watch! It was great seeing Team Avatar together again and man oh man, Toph is always such a standout to me. Her fighting scenes are always so satisfying! The story was pretty predictable but that’s okay because it’s a kids movie at the end of the day. But I LOVED seeing the raw power potential of air bending! I also loved the few scenes of seeing the younger versions of themselves, but I wish I would’ve gotten to hear the original voice actors during these scenes! Overall, I’d recommend it to any fan of ATLA!

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Punisher: One Last Kill2026

8.3 🥨

saw this again with a friend today to prep for brand new day as they weren’t that familiar with Frank Castle, it’s still a load of fun on a second watch. yes there is one goofy, horrific edited scene, but I won’t knock on this too hard for that part lol. also side note, we need the escape pod guys on this app asap. please creator of Pretzel, go sponsor them so we can bring them and their entire marvel audience to this platform lol

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Avatar: The Last Airbender2024

S2 6.0 🥨

this season was probably better than the first but still has glaring problems. The pacing scene by scene is just too slow and the line delivery is subpar (even though I firmly believe this cast could knock it out of the park with proper direction). I won’t knock too hard on the plot changes from the original animated show… but just know there are changes. Overall, episodes 2-5 I felt were the strongest, 1 and 6-7 just fell even flatter to me. I’ll still watch the final season but because I’m desperate for more ATLA content..

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

Avatar: The Last Airbender2024

S2 · E1 5.1 🥨

Why does it feel like every shot goes on for much too long? every dialogue scene just seems to drag and there’s so much unnecessary pause between lines. I feel like this cast is capable of significantly better performances but aren’t getting the direction needed. I pray the season gets better than this first episode, this ep took me 3 separate days to get through.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

House of the Dragon2022

S3 · E5 8.3 🥨

This episode feels a bit like a filler but filled with well-written and performed dialogue. Will be interesting to continue to see the arcs of Ormund and his young nephew, and continue to see Aegon and Aemond in their respective situations. But I think no arc will be better than Daemon dealing with the troubles and woes that have fallen beneath him and his city watch. fuck ormond

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.

The Pretzel app showing friends’ reviews and episode ratings

Pretzel Rated

The social app for movies and TV

Track episodes, build watchlists, and follow friends.